What Are Cookies
4. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
5. This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users. When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
Use of personal information
7. You can create your swimmer’s profile and get your personal IWSA ID – an international identifier of a winter swimmer. It is unique for every person. Using IWSA ID we can identify a competitor, run and track stats of the swimmer’s results, score World Cup series points. Besides that it helps to avoid mistakes in name spellings and age group calculations at different events. The following information is obligatory to get an IWSA ID and we store it on our servers in a secure MySQL database:
– your first name,
– your last name,
– your birth date,
– your gender,
– your country,
– your city,
– email associated with the user’s account who created the swimmer’s profile.
Optionally you can provide IWSA with info on your club, your contact email and phone, links to you social media and a brief info about you as a swimmer.
Since IWSA events are public events your IWSA ID, first name, last name, gender, country and city will appear in event start lists and finish protocols published at events.iwsa.world and the resources of the event organisers. We do not publish your birth date. We publish your age category instead which is calculated automatically based on your birth date. This info is of public interest to the sport and you can’t participate in IWSA events anonymously.
The info about your club, your brief and the links to social media are used by IWSA and IWSA event organisers in public announcements during the events. Your contact info is used by IWSA and IWSA event organisers in a case when contacting you becomes a necessity for the event. This info is also stored on our servers in a secure MySQL database. You may use your right for erasure however and request this personal info to be removed should you ever decided to quit your relationship with IWSA.
We don’t share your personal data with third parties outside IWSA.
8. You may subscribe to our email newsletter if you feel you wish to. Upon subscription we store the following information on our servers in a secure MySQL database:
– your name,
– your email.
We use newsletters to communicate, highlight upcoming events, promote products and provide any other information that we find suitable to be shared. You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter via following links in the last newsletters you received or by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, information provided by subscription to our newsletter will not be shared with any parties.
Access to personal information
9. You can edit your personal information in your swimmer’s profile.
10. By creating a swimmer’s profile under your account for your child, spouse or team mate you confirm that they provided their personal info to you in their good will and you act on their behalf.
11. In case any of your provided information changes and you wish to change your details or delete your account, you can contact us by email email@example.com
12. We use accepted industry standards keep your information safe. Although, be aware that any electronic storage can never be 100% secure. Therefore, we are not able to provide complete security of your information. For further information on our security, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
13. We reserve the right to disclose your information if required by law and if we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our website.
14. If you are still looking for more information then you can contact us by email email@example.com